Bruna Rotunno is a Photographer and Director, she lives between Europe and Asia. Her artwork includes photography and video. She’is focused on portraits and story telling, exploring and transcending genres and alternating visionary sensibility to the immediacy of reportage. After her degree in psychology, since 1986 she was captured by the magic of photography, especially portrait and fashion. She has shot worldwide advertising campaigns for major international brands as Bmw, Audi, American Express, Samsung, Citroen, Moschino, Zegna, LoroPiana, Peugeot, Telecom, Volkswagen, in collaboration with adv agencies as DDB, OGILVY, EURO RSCG, TBWA, LEOBURNETT, JWT. She’is in collaboration with various international fashion magazines: Vogue, Muse, Schon!, Twill. An important part of her work is the reportages, as she define a cinematographic approach in stories telling of places and emotions. She’is a video maker and commercial director.
Her work has been exhibited in numerous galleries in Europe and Asia.
- 2019 “De Finibus Terrae“, Duo Exhib with Fabian Albertini.European Parliament, Strasbourg.
- 2019 “Another Earth“, Pavia Photo Festival.
- 2019 “Another Earth“, Solo Exhibition Red Gallery, Milano.
- 2018 “Lieu Non Lieu”, Group Exhibition Museo Emilio Greco, Catania.
- Her project “Women in Bali” was exhibit at Museum of Oriental Arts in Turin and at India Habitat Center in New Dehli. (2017).
- She exhibited her project “The Enchanted Forest” at Joyce Gallery during Le Mois de la Photo in Paris (2017).
- She also participated in the exhibition “60 Grandi Fotografi 60 Grandi Architetti” at Spazio Marini Light (Milan, 2015).
- The solo exhibition “Shanghai 24h” was held at Triennale Bovisa (2010).
- Her short film “Sultan Dream” was presented at the Venice Biennale in 2005.
- Among the awards she received, a honourable mention at the Tokyo International Photo Awards (2016) and the Silver Award at the Paris Prix de la Photographie (2018, 2016 and 2015).
- She also signed internationals campaign for brands such Alitalia, American Express, Audi, Bmw, Citroen, Ferrarelle, Helena Rubinstein, Henkel, Loro Piana Moschino, Peugeot, Samsung, Telecom, Volkswagen, Zegna.
Edison La Scala video campaign for Prima Diffusa | Director and DOP Bruna Rotunno | Creative Direction Laura Trovalusci | adv agency Havas Milan | produced by Mandala Creative Productions | editor Francesco Petitti | colorist Giorgia Meacci | post production Videozone | red dress by Stefano De Lellis | styling by Sabrina Mellace | starring Francesca Linnea Ugolini
Multiverse Episode 1
The Women in Bali exhibition at MAO, Museum of Oriental Arts in Turin.
The Island of Healing
The Women in Bali exhibition in IHC, New Delhi
The Lotus Flower